Clinical and Operational
Medical Coverage for Family Members
Make sure your family member is covered on your medical coverage effective January 1.
If your family member was not enrolled on your 2018 Summa medical plan and you enrolled him/her for 2019, you are required to provide documentation to prove their relationship to you. The deadline to provide eligibility documentation was November 30, 2018. If you haven’t done so already, scan and email your documents to email@example.com immediately. Note: Non-response to providing required documentation will result in no coverage for your dependent(s) effective January 1, 2019.
Additionally, if you and/or your family member(s) reside(s) outside of the 20-county network service area on a permanent basis or a child temporarily residing out of the service area attending school on a full-time basis, you must apply for the exception of using approved in-network facilities to receive coverage at the in-network Tier 2 coverage level. Note: Non-response to providing this form for approval will result in no out-of-network coverage, except for urgent care and emergency care, unless your dependent comes in-network to utilize a Tier 1 or Tier 2 physician/facility.
What to Do:
- Scan and email your family member eligibility documents immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Dependent Verification Document and your Employee Number”; click here for acceptable document listing.
- Fully complete the “Resident Outside of the Service Area Request Form” located on the last page of your 2019 Annual Enrollment Guide. Immediately scan and email document with the subject line “Resident Out-of-Network and your Employee Number” to email@example.com; click here for the form.
The latest edition of Summa Health’s Compliance Radar Screen is now available. This quarterly newsletter provides employees with important updates from the corporate compliance department. Remember, compliance is a team effort. As an employee you are accountable for understanding healthcare compliance basics and determining what you need to do to be compliant.
What to Do:
- Click here to read the newsletter.
- Contact the compliance department with any questions or concerns.
Integrative Services Available
New integrative services are now available at the Summa Health Wellness Center. Integrative medicine therapies support the body’s natural ability to help the body heal itself by reducing stress and promoting a state of relaxation. The following services are available:
- Massage therapy
- Mindfulness training
Special offer! Employees are offered the following discounted rates on acupuncture:
- Initial appointment – Employee price $75 (Regular price $120)
- Follow-up visits – Employee price $55 (Regular price $85)
What to Do:
Call the Wellness Center at 330.342.4000 to make an appointment or for more information.
View Full Newsletter